You will be hard-pressed to find yourself a better mountain man knife than this Hunters Companion Bowie. Rough and rugged, this knife is an accurate reproduction of an old bowie knife that, even today, still manages to hold up to continuous, hard use. The original of this impressive reproduction was produced in Sheffield, England for the American market, particularly for those who would want a knife that is big enough for camp chores and survival tasks, yet light enough to be used as a self-defense and close combat weapon. And like the original, this modern reproduction succeeds in that endeavor. Like a classic Bowie, this knife features a clip point blade that is perfect for stabbing and carving, while also possessing a broad, heavy blade that is suited for cutting and slashing. The knife possesses a short nickel guard, as well as a pair of hardwood scales that are pinned to the knifes full-length tang, providing not only greater strength, but also a superb grip that easily and comfortably fits into the hand. The knife includes a working leather sheath with a belt loop, as well as a factory edge that can be further honed to razor sharpness later. The knife has an overall length of 18.625 inches, while the blade measures closer to 13.5 inches in length. This is definitely one knife that does its name proud, as the Hunters Companion Bowie is assuredly a simple yet effective knife that is perfect for lashing to your side any time you venture out into the woods or the mountains for a bit of camping, hiking, trail blazing, or hunting.
- Crafted by Windlass Steelcrafts
- Blade is Crafted from Carbon Steel
- Broad Blade With Clip Point Is Versatile and Effective
- Comes With a Factory Edge (Can Be Further Honed Later)
- Handle Features Wood Scales with Comfortable, Rounded Edges
- Includes a Simple Leather Sheath with a Belt Loop for Carrying
- Blade Length: 13.5 Inches
- Blade Width: 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 3/16ths an Inch
- Overall Length: 18.625 Inches
- Overall Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz.